Welcome to my blog

Hi! My name is Sydney Breslow and welcome to my blog, "I Am. . .So Much More Than You See!" Through my own life experiences, I want to shine a light on how people with physical disabilities are judged and treated everyday.

When you meet me on a sidewalk you may notice:

She walks with a limp.

She uses a walker.

She has a speech impediment.


Based on these physical observations, you may already have a preconceived notion about what I'm capable of doing. However, if you take the opportunity to get to know me, you will learn the following things about me and my disability.


1. I love hanging out with my family and friends, seeing movies, playing games and going to the theatre. 

2. I recently graduated with a master's degree in special education with a concentration in Intellectual Disabilities. 

3.  I am currently looking for jobs in the special education field because I am passionate about helping people with disabilities reach their full potential. 

4. I have a Mitochondrial Disorder, which affects my balance, speech, vision and walking. 

As you can see, if you judge me based on my physical disabilities you will only see my struggles BUT if you take the time to speak with me and get to know me you will realize that "I Am. . . So Much More Than You See!"

Through this blog, I want to portray how judgment can limit the possibilities of those that judge and those that are judged.

I hope you will join me on my journey as I try to truly make a difference!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being "targeted" at Target

Doctors who are Clueless

Going the Distance on Three Wheels