"When the Struggle is Real"

While I don't want people to bend over backwards for me, sometimes an offer to help would be nice.

I was recently going to teach at a local school and as I was walking into the building, some papers fell out of my folder and onto the ground.  I went to bend over and pick them up but I was really struggling to lean down that far. As I was struggling, two people walked by me without offering to help. One was a student and the other was an adult. I feel the adult should have had the manners and common courtesy to stop and at least ask me if I needed help. I was kind of shocked because I know if I saw someone struggling to do something I would at least offer to help them.

On a positive note, recently a cashier in a convenience store gladly helped me when I was struggling to see the credit card machine in order to check out. I kept apologizing because I felt like I was holding up the line. He said to me,"You are a customer like everybody else and they can wait." I actually thought to myself, "wow he is so right."

I wish everybody would treat others with the kindness that this employee showed me because it would make the world a much easier and comfortable place to live, work and grow.

Written by Sydney Breslow



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being "targeted" at Target

Doctors who are Clueless

Going the Distance on Three Wheels