Fingers Crossed

I believe that being your best self is important to your physical and mental well-being. I am so lucky to have parents and my physical therapist who have pushed me to keep improving despite the steps being small and even microscopic at times.

In recent years, my walking, including my endurance and gait, and balance has increasingly gotten worse. Admittedly, this has been something that has made my daily life more difficult because I am constantly worried about falling. 

I have used a walker for the last year but it is not helping me as much anymore and is causing more headache and pain than anything else. 

I have also tried AFO braces in the past and a walking stick but both of those got in my way more than they helped me. 

But I am not giving up because I know I can walk better than I am at the moment and I hope there is something out there to aide my walking, so I can be the best version of myself. 

I recently went to an orthotist who gave me a lot of hope in being able to find something to improve my walking.   He explained that he would do trial and error with me until we found something that worked. I was so happy to hear this because living with a rare disease sometimes means that there is not an easy answer and the resolution is usually not a one size fits all approach. 

As I continue this journey to improve my walking, I hope the end result leads to me being the best version of myself.

Written by Sydney Breslow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being "targeted" at Target

Doctors who are Clueless

Going the Distance on Three Wheels