First Impressions

My mom and I went on a shopping trip to find shoes for graduation a couple of weeks ago. Whenever we decide to make this daunting adventure to the shoe store, we know it is going to be a long and painful process.

It is a difficult task to find shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk in but also young and stylish. Not to mention, I have an impossibly narrow foot.

When we went  into this shoe store in Cary, NC, the young girl who waited on us was so nice and made it her life task to find me a pair of shoes that were comfortable and cute for graduation. I was actually telling her about how abnormal my feet are but she was able to empathize with me because she has foot problems too.

In the end, I found two fabulous pairs of shoes that are stylish and unbelievably comfortable.

I ended up going back to the same shoe store with my Aunt Debbie the next weekend and once again the girl who worked at the store treated me with kindness and respect. As I was walking to the car, the girl who waited on us came running out of the store after us to see if she could get my number, so we could go out to lunch sometime. This made my day.

This salesperson showed me that there are some people that take the time to see who I really am and not my disability when they first meet me. The people who see me and not my limitations are the kind of people that I want to be surrounded by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being "targeted" at Target

Doctors who are Clueless

Going the Distance on Three Wheels